On 8/25/2011 12:46 AM, Miles Bader wrote:
> Tim Mensch <tim-lua-l@bitgems.com> writes:
>> It's actually quite fashionable to hate Java in large swaths of the
>> programming world.
> This is true.  Unfortunately wayyyy too much of the programming world
> revolves around this sort of mindless tribalism and fashion contests.
>
> I think Java's a very decent language, tho it's not my favorite, and
> it does seem to have pretty good "standard" support for GUI programs.

I may have been glib, but my dislike of Java is NOT mindless. I could
explain in great detail what's wrong with Java as a language, even more
so now that I actually have to USE it. But I will refrain, because this
is a *Lua* list.

If I want a high level language with garbage collection, and I have a
choice, I use Lua. Well, duh, that's why I'm here.  ;)

Tim