> > For example, consider math vectors:
> >
> > W = V1 :x: V2 + V3
> > W = V1:cross_product(V2) + V3   -- less readable
>
> OK, good one. But you could overload ^ for that, and * for dot
> product. (And % is also available)

As an aside, in Numlua I'm defining % for matrix multiplication and * for
elementwise matrix multiplication (/ and ^ keep their elementwise
counterparts).

> True, :x: is cute. To answer your question, one thing that LuaMacro
> can not do is parse infix expressions. You could define ':x:' as a
> lexical token and replace it by '%', that kind of thing.  But for such
> a simple step, gsub is your friend ;)

It'd be nice to have a` for a:transpose(), so I'll take a look at LuaMacro
but only *after* I finish Numlua (hopefully by the end of the summer :))...

Cheers,
Luis

                -- Pablo Picasso

--