On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 5:13 PM, Lorenzo Donati
<lorenzodonatibz@interfree.it> wrote:
> As an end user of a programming language like Lua, in which I often write
> simple DSLs, I'd like to be able to define such a parser by only defining
> the operators and their characteristics, not to write down a grammar.

It does sound like an interesting problem, but why not use Lua itself?

That's a non-rhetorical question, that is,

-what features do you need that could not be done in Lua?
-are they essential to the DSL?

(I won't start gong on about lexical preprocessing since I probably won't stop)

steve d.