David Manura <dm.lua@math2.org> wrote:

> <<name>> also reminds me of macros in literate programming,
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Literate_programming (not that it is
> often used).

I think Knuth-style slice-and-dice literate programming is a thoroughly
bad way to add a module system to Pascal, and should not be imitated in
other languages. You should use the modularity and abstraction facilities
of your language to order the exposition of the program instead.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
Shannon, Southwest Rockall: Southerly or southeasterly, veering southwesterly