> Due to the introduction of labels, '@' can now appear as the first
> character in a valid Lua chunk. This means that the following passage
> from lua_Debug is incorrect: "If source starts with a '@', it means
> that the function was defined in a file where the file name follows
> the '@'. If source starts with a '=', the rest of it should describe
> the source in a user-dependent manner. Otherwise, the function was
> defined in a string where source is that string."

We thought about that. At the time, it seemed that users could simply
avoid starting a chunk with a label (a simple space, newline, or a
comment would be enough). But now that thought seems feeble. The two
obvious solutions would be to change the character that marks filenames
or the character that starts labels. The second option has the slight
advantage of not creating a small incompatibility. Suggestions?

-- Roberto