2011/6/8 Xavier Wang <weasley.wx@gmail.com>:
> Sometimes I think that, maybe do that in C will better:)

You're not the only one ;)  You have to know both C and Lua well to
get non-trivial things going, but the pay-off is good.

For those with Windows and no C compiler, who are eager to join the
fun:  I've posted a snapshot of LuaJIT compiled with mingw32:

http://stevedonovan.github.com/files/luajit-2.0.0-beta7-0608.zip

This isn't LfW compatible, BTW. If there's interest I'll build a
version that can be a drop-in replacement for Lua for Windows Lua 5.1
(although be aware that some libraries like Lanes and IUP won't work
with their current versions.)

steve d.