On 5/12/2011 3:32 PM, CrazyButcher wrote:
There is a nice preprocessor (although not fully c compliant) inside
http://icculus.org/mojoshader/ so one could run strings trhough that
prior handing to ffi.cdef

Eh, my memory cells is a failure, a C preprocessor in Lua is probably more like a 40KB stripped binary chunk. But it's under 20KB without the #if* conditional syntax and expression parsing. There is quite a lot to implement...

If you look around, things like say, FFI dynamic code generation that works on standard Lua isn't very common. Those of us who normally use these things gratis should not hold our breaths waiting for it... :-) Perhaps those who really want it can try putting out a bounty for it.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)