Hi all, and Mike in particular!

I'm wondering if there are any chances that LuaJIT FFI will ever become also a standalone module for stock Lua.

IIRC this question has been hinted vaguely in some way already, and Mike answered something on the lines that right now it is too tightly integrated into LuaJIT codebase (am I right?).

I know there are other FFI packages (alien and cinvoke - I use this latter usually), but what makes LuaJIT FFI so great is the ability to specify C code directly (if I'm not mistaken - since I don't use LuaJIT I only skim over LuaJIT threads).

On a related note, I'm really curious whether in LuaJIT is hidden a full C compiler. Would/could this be a better alternative to TinyCC for dynamically compiling C code in the future? Is this already planned or at least foreseen?

Thank you in advance for any information.

Cheers!
-- Lorenzo