Hi Josh,

On Mon, May 09, 2011 at 04:55:51PM +0000, Josh Haberman wrote:
> Mark Pulford <mark <at> kyne.com.au> writes:
> > However, an unfair extrapolation of the JsonModules wiki suggests:
> > - CJSON should provide 2x decoding, 5x encoding performance.
>
> What are these numbers based on if you haven't tested YAJL?

I have tested DKJSON and LuaJSON (LPeg) and extrapolated some very
rough numbers based on the JsonModules wiki page (hence "unfair
extrapolation").

JSON performance can vary widely based on the input. I'd recommend
testing them with relevant data to get a more realistic comparison.

CJSON works well for my application and data.

Lua YAJL also looks like a great package, I'm planning to check it out
later to see what I'm missing.

Regards,
Mark