[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: [ANN] Lua CJSON 1.0
- From: Mark Pulford <mark@...>
- Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 15:25:56 +0930
On Sun, May 08, 2011 at 09:10:55PM -0700, Gu Di wrote:
> Cool! How does your library compare to lua-yajl?
I mostly wrote CJSON as part of another project last year when the
JSON options appeared to be a bit more limited. Hence I haven't
specifically tested Lua YAJL.
However, an unfair extrapolation of the JsonModules wiki suggests:
- CJSON should provide 2x decoding, 5x encoding performance.
- Lua YAJL has a streaming interface (CJSON doesn't).
- CJSON has options to handle sparse arrays safely.
- CJSON doesn't have any external dependencies other than Lua.
I'm sure there is more to it than that - I'd recommend testing them
yourself to be sure. JSON performance can vary widely based depending
on the input and the implementation.