> Granted, but you will need to first know (1) it is Lua, (2) where to seek the code or bytecode, (3) where to seek the key if it is crypted. This isn't information you get in advance. All I say it all takes much more effort to curious competition, than reading the text file sources left as is just because "anyway they can be decrypted/decompiled in few minutes".

Are you talking of encryption or bytecode now, well if its
"encrypted", it shouldnt matter to you if its byte code. IMHO we have
excluded byte code as mentionworthy confustication anyway. So leave it
with there. If you want to put an e.g. XOR Mask on your code, then by
all means do.

> Paraphrasing what you've said, it is not worth to keep money in the bank because anyway it can be robbed, or it is not worth to lock your car because the lock can be picked.

Its not "paraphrasing", its making an analogy or metaphor, and as
always, these proof nothing since its still you that claims A is like
B, and someone else just says it isn't like the other. So I say it
isn't, its like worring about locking the drivers door with hugh
locks, while the trunk is just plain open.

I support bytecode support for JIT, but not because of that reasons.
And this reasoning is actually hindering it to be ever be integrated -
"we do not want a arms race on binary-escue eco-systems". I support
it, because I think the unability to patch lua without having at the
same time patch Luajit is hindering innovation. If one could modify
the Lua compiler with some idea, and have the bytecode be ran in
Luajit, it would be a real incentive. And yes, a culture of Lua
patching was always a feature that language.