On 4/15/2011 6:38 PM, Adam Strzelecki wrote:
Peter Cawley wrote:
In the case of Lua source, the output of a good automated disassembler
ought to be similar to the output of a good automated obfuscator. To
add another layer of protection, you could encrypt the obfuscated
source, and then decrypt it a chunk at a time in the reader function
passed to lua_load.

Good point, at least I can quickly find one disasm for Lua 5.2 - ChunkSpy.
I guess rolling your own package loader that uses some cryptography is good way to go.

Did someone update ChunkSpy for 5.2? It's news to me...

An oldish CPU loads lean Lua source code at about 4.4MB/s, the same chunk's bytecode loads at about 37MB/s. But it would take a lot of code to make the 4.4MB/s noticeable...

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)