> ./lua: error loading module 'sqlite3' from file './sqlite3.so':
>         Unable to resolve symbol
>
> Usually, is this type of error due to wrong compiling of Lua or of the
> module it's trying to load?

If dummy2 worked, then it's not in Lua. Did you try my libraries,
such as random, like the other time?

Do you have ldd or strace in your new host?

BTW, I tried to follow your steps and I get this:
	./sqlite3.so: undefined symbol: pthread_mutexattr_init

Perhaps this is the same problem as yours, ie, you need -lpthread somewhere.
Since you're using the amalgamated version of sqlite3, I guess you
should create a .so with the correct dependencies, not use a .o directly.