-----Original Message-----
From: lua-l-bounces@lists.lua.org [mailto:lua-l-bounces@lists.lua.org] On Behalf Of steve donovan
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2011 9:03 AM
To: Lua mailing list
Subject: Re: Lua for Windows needs help

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 3:52 PM, RJP Computing <rjpcomputing@gmail.com> wrote:
>   * Should Lua and LuaJIT v2.x be included?

It's a bit of a bugger to mix two different kinds of Lua on Windows,
since extensions bind to a particularly named DLL. I think LuaJIT is
mature enough to be the main engine...

[Thomas]
Unfortunately from my perspective binding 'only' to LuaJIT wouldn't be my choice.  If the stock
Lua is incorporated into an application/product as an extension language then it would be nice
for people who want to leverage that to be able to use pre-built binaries available with the
'standard' Lua for Windows distribution .. say for example to get access to the Lua socket
capabilities.

Note, I'm not commenting on LuaJIT's maturity, just any assumption that it has been universally
adopted by all people who might have an interest in pre-built binaries for Windows.

Thanks,
 Thomas