On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 6:33 PM, Joshua Jensen <josh.jjensen@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is true, but it is a good strategy.  The byte code reading is FAR
> faster, and for environments where we're scraping to get every bit of memory

Yeah, I have been spoiled by the 'infinite desktop memory model' [1].
For the little guys, JIT is probably too expensive anyway.

I imagine that people in the gaming industry would like bytecode

steve d.
[1] some embedded programmer said this recently...
[2] Mike's point. (For most of us it _would_ be obfuscation, of course.)