The problem is that LuaJIT2 doesn't support the full Lua C API. To be specific, lua_dump() is not implemented. As an example, because of this, it is not possible to transfer a Lua function from one state to another, which breaks the Lanes module almost completely. Also, any binary module that embeds Lua code in precompiled bytecode format won't run with LuaJIT since the VM implementations and compilers are totally different.

> That's the cool/interesting angle - pick a core set of modules which
> work fine across the board. I know that you have been pushing for
> wxLua and it certainly is the most mature cross-platform kit we have
> at the moment.  IUP should also be there as well.

IUP won't run with LuaJIT2 for the above reason.

Benoit.