On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 6:30 PM, Hisham <hisham.hm@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 2:06 PM, Hisham <hisham.hm@gmail.com> wrote:
> agree that the right thing to do would be for CGILua to change its
> name as well,

Just a clarification: by "as well" I meant that IMO none of the two
projects should be called "CGILua" anymore (the original CGILua,
because it has long outgrown CGI -- I remember discussions about this
back when I was in Rio working with the Kepler Project but no one
could settle on a new name, and the current name already had a good
deal of mindshare; and the new "CGI.Lua", because of the impending
confusion with the well-established CGILua).

And ironically, it looks like CGI.lua (or should I say, LunarCGI) goes the same way ;-)
However, it will still focus on CGI, although it will just provide a little tiny wee bit more than just raw, grey, boring CGI.

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 2:17 PM, Sebastien Lai <237482@googlemail.com> wrote:
> "LunaCGI" is a great name, actually.. and I guess I'll use it. I just find
> it kind of awkward that KP maintains a project clearly labeled as "CGILua",
> which does everything but CGI. God knows what they were thinking...

AFAIK the history is that it started by working via CGI but the
project evolved over time to work over many different interfaces and
the name just stuck.

Yes. It was a poor choice of words of mine to say that KP should change the name... but I suppose you get the Idea.

I'd like to announce that CGI.lua is shall now be refered to as "LunarCGI" - I hope that settles it for now! ;-)