On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 6:06 PM, Hisham <hisham.hm@gmail.com> wrote:

Add to the confusion that apparently, the Debian package for CGILua is
called, for some reason, "lua-cgi" (!)
http://packages.qa.debian.org/l/lua-cgi.html

It boggles the mind, doesn't it?

...which would be my first suggestion for a name. However, googling
around it seems there are a few references to "LuaCGI" that actually
refer to CGILua, and also a "luacgi.lua" module as part of lfcgi.

I agree that the right thing to do would be for CGILua to change its
name as well, but even if it changed its name, CGI.Lua (especially
with a "cgilua.sf.net" website) would seriously add to the confusion.
How about coming up with an original name, such as, say, "LunarCGI"?
(zero Google hits at the time of this writing).

"LunaCGI" is a great name, actually.. and I guess I'll use it. I just find it kind of awkward that KP maintains a project clearly labeled as "CGILua", which does everything but CGI. God knows what they were thinking...

However, since many of the features are currently unavailable due to SF still being in recovery from a recent attack, I cannot change the name at this moment. Let's just hope SF will be fully available anytime soon.