  The help I need most is feedback about the installation process.

  I still don't have time to build a RPM or debian package so I can submit
to their repositories. This certainly will make the installation easier. But
that's a kind of help that takes a lot of time.

  So I have to rely only on the binaries packages I build and pack. The
problem is that not always the system I use to build is the same the user
has. And some rebuild must be done from sources.

  The installation scripts were first introduced in 3.3, and had some
improvements for 3.4. But they need more testing.

  The problem Dirk reported is something else. It shouldn't happen at all.

Best,
scuri