2011/2/21 Gabriel Duarte <confusosk8@gmail.com>:
> I'd like to join as well, but I have no ideas how...

I have great interest in participating as a student too. But if I
understood correctly now is the time of proposals so we'll have to
wait a while to actually apply for them.

There's a FAQ here

http://www.google-melange.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2011/faqs

--
http://www.twitter.com/lfzawacki