> I've enjoyed using the Tk binding. A lot can be accomplish with little code,
> though the Tcl mindset is quite different than the Lua one. This results in
> some startup cost whenever I (not being experienced in Tcl) come back to the
> ltcltk. So, my suggestion for your "major rework" is a higher level Tk
> wrapper more in a Lua style.

that is the general idea. Basically code using ltk looks somewhat ugly. Also I want to get rid of redundancies (like having a button control and a ttk::button control, which are basically the same thing), and in the process the tcl binding might also vanish. But there's still a lot of planning and trying out things to be done before I can get started on that.

Thanks for the warm words ;)

Gunnar