On 2/14/2011 6:48 PM, Axel Kittenberger wrote:
/sorry for thread hijack - a short note of style/
[snip]
A little more courtsey might get you further and get you better
that other people actually use, these kind of insertions just make
your defense instincts go up, instead of either realizing someone or
wanting to help notions.

Adding a bit to the above.

There is an underlying reason why such behaviour is common -- I think we have been terribly spoilt by the wide selection of high-quality free/open code and we are treating them for granted like reliable or mature products.

So there are unrealistic expectations and views. And there are a lot more 'users' than 'creators'. Users should think about how they can "play better" in this ecosystem where, for better or worse, everybody expects to download good source code for free. We should remember that 'creators' are a rather limited resource and most of us, as 'users', are just leeching.

Then its no surprise you eventually get: "I'm sick of this whining. I
will not reply to you anymore."

Also, talking on the list is a time sink, and so 'users' should not expect that 'creators' have all the time in the world to engage them for extended periods. Time is finite. Resources are finite. Time sinks detracts from time spent doing useful work.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)