On 02/13/2011 09:14 PM, dcharno wrote:
On 02/10/2011 02:13 PM, Henderson, Michael D wrote:
Hi, I'm working with Lua 5.1.4. I have question on modules that have
both C and Lua funtions.

I have a vendor library that I've written a C-wrapper for. I'm trying
to make that wrapper work like a module from PILv2. The library is
libihcfg and has a function luaopen_ihcfg.

I also have some Lua functions that I would like to include in the
module. They're all sugar to help things like initialization and
lookups. They look like

function ihcfg.setVectors(o)
-- stuff
end

How should I set things up so that they're included with the require?
I don't see any easy way to combine the chunk of functions with the C
library. There's a paragraph in the PILv2 on p145 that mentions
modules with C and Lua functions, but no details/

Should I just call this script "ihcfg.lua" and put it in the path so
that require finds it and have the script call something like

local clib = require "Cihcfg"

And copy the clib functions into the ihcfg table?

Assuming, of course, that I rename libihcfg to libCihcfg?

You should check out "Writing C/C++ Modules for Lua" by Ralph Steggink
and Wim Couwenberg in Lua Gems. Its an excellent write up and approach
to what you are trying to do.

I forgot to add the links to the book [1] and the source code [2]

[1] http://www.amazon.com/Programming-Gems-Luiz-Henrique-Figueiredo/dp/8590379841/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1229278305&sr=8-1

[2] http://members.chello.nl/~w.couwenberg/