Hi, I'm working with Lua 5.1.4. I have question on modules that have both C and Lua funtions.

I have a vendor library that I've written a C-wrapper for. I'm trying to make that wrapper work like a module from PILv2. The library is libihcfg and has a function luaopen_ihcfg.

I also have some Lua functions that I would like to include in the module. They're all sugar to help things like initialization and lookups. They look like

  function ihcfg.setVectors(o)
    -- stuff
  end

How should I set things up so that they're included with the require? I don't see any easy way to combine the chunk of functions with the C library. There's a paragraph in the PILv2 on p145 that mentions modules with C and Lua functions, but no details/

Should I just call this script "ihcfg.lua" and put it in the path so that require finds it and have the script call something like

  local clib = require "Cihcfg"

And copy the clib functions into the ihcfg table?

Assuming, of course, that I rename libihcfg to libCihcfg?

Thanks,
Michael D Henderson

   no problem is too big if you don't have to solve all of it