On 10/02/2011, at 5:46 PM, Steve Litt wrote:

> Now that I've got SOMETHING working I can build up from there, so thanks for
> the minimalist program!

I haven't built or used IUP in a while, but I'm pretty sure that example came out of an examples or test directory in the distribution.  Maybe I had to add the "require'iuplua'" to the dialog example, and that's why I moved my copy, but have a look in what you downloaded to see what you examples you can find.  Once you've got IUP built, it's pretty intuitive to use.