On 31.01.2011 15:53, Enrico Colombini wrote:
On 31/01/2011 10.20, steve donovan wrote:
Another short response to that question:
[[
     * No Java-like OO
     * No string support, only 1byte char lists.
     * Awkward syntax
     * Meta-tables makes people feel uncomfortable
]]

At least the last point is easy to fix: just remove metatables and we'll have a better language :-)

I'm always amused seeing people searching for a different language... as long as it's identical to the one they are used to.

I'd say metatables stuff may indeed get messy, mostly because there's no standard OO. I haven't heard of full OO implementations at all, by which I mean support for properties, hence privates; reflection. That's the number 1 candidate for standard library IMO.

--
Best regards,
Sergey Rozhenko                 mailto:sergroj@mail.ru