On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 10:02 AM, Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
> If I were in your position (actually I have been), I'd roll my own, document
> it, put it out there, and publicize it. It just might happen that people like
> it and modify it, and you put in the modifications you like.

Yep, that's the way of OSS - build it and hope that not only do they
come, but they come with ideas and energy, and you can sit back a bit.
It's good that you had that ideal outcome!

> Tell you what. If you ever create a quick developing Lua GUI tool with forms,
> fields, picklists, and a reasonable access to Postgres, I'll write the
> documentation.

LuaJava would not be a bad place to start, since you can very easily
use any Java libraries and Swing programming becomes almost pleasant.
But I have other fish to fry ;)

steve d.