On Thu, 6 Jan 2011 09:54:51 +0000
Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 09:33, Axel Kittenberger <axkibe@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Lua itself is a MIT License, which is very free. Nobody complains
> > "but you can make money with it"! and puts Share-Alike or
> > Non-Commercial restrictions on it. CC-BY License is quite
> > comparable with this for texts
>
> > http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
>
> > CC-BY-SA is comparable with the GPL
>
> OK, make sense. I want to hear more voices on this: should we change
> the license to CC-BY?

this might be a stupid question, but if the cookbook as a whole is
CC-BY (not SA) wouldnt that make the code examples "unfree", or would
they be under a MIT style licence? i understand that CC-BY only means i
would not be allowed to take snippet from the cookbook and include them
in my own tutorial/projects.

im aware this might be a more theoretical question of course as most
code examples would be rather trivial or copied from other sources
anyway.

startx