On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 09:33, Axel Kittenberger <axkibe@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lua itself is a MIT License, which is very free. Nobody complains "but
> you can make money with it"! and puts Share-Alike or Non-Commercial
> restrictions on it. CC-BY License is quite comparable with this for
> texts

> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

> CC-BY-SA is comparable with the GPL

OK, make sense. I want to hear more voices on this: should we change
the license to CC-BY?

> I also suppose getting a publisher to print this, is very much work,
> and as the book will be online for free also, it will not be a big
> money source anyway. If they dont even ask you to pay for the prints
> of the first edition beforehand. I'd applaud if someone can get a
> publisher with anymore impact than the print-on-demand ones to throw
> out the advance.

That is my opinion as well.

> I trust in that person to handle revenues if anyway
> responsibly which will be very likely Alexander anyway if it happens.

Unfortunately, being Russian Federation resident private person, I'm
not in a good position to handle revenues from foreign legal entities.
Not to speak redistributing those money back to foreign co-authors. This will
generate immense bureaucratic and financial overhead.

Alexander.