Hello,

 [ gl:md2_display(model.get_data()) ]
The syntax above looks almost exactly backwards.  You might consider
tweaking your function signatures to make it

   gl.md2_display(model:get_data())

Ok i remember now:

module:function(param) <=> module.function(module,param)

it seems only useful when using classes.

I thought that the colon syntax was the mandatory writing for using C modules.

I've switched to the "more consistent" writing (that is for me module.function(closure:get_params()) . As expected, i got only my table pushed in the stack, which is better for consistency.

I think it's time for reading again the PiL. My first reading was quite difficult ( "metatables and metamethods" is quite obscure for example), but with more practice, it should be easier.

Thank you for the details.