On Sunday 02 January 2011 01:42:49 Alexander Gladysh wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 09:17, Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 08:46, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com>
wrote:

> >> A cookbook would be a fantastic thing, especially if we got a little
> >> gang together to write it and spread the workload.  In the meantime,
> >> the wiki continues to be a good place to keep little articles, and I
> >> hope to revive the snippets/recipes site soon.
> >
> > I, maybe, can help with some recipes, especially on Sandboxing, DSL
> > and codegeneration.
>
> Although these topics are, maybe, a bit too big for a cookbook format.
>
> Anyway, one can start with a list of topics (maybe along with a way
> for authors to commit for one or more and for potential readers to
> express their interest). We can setup a project on GH and use its wiki
> for this.
>
> I like writing, and I'm due for some Lua articles for a long time, so
> I'm willing to help. If I'll see a list of topics, I'll do a few where
> I'll know what to write.
>
> Anyone else want to step up? :-)

I will. I can code up a text-based filepicker and picklist tools for Lua.
Given my schedule it will take 6 to 10 weeks, and probably you'll all have
better ideas on how to code it so mine will be just a starting point, but I
can do it.

As far as a wishlist for standard tools for Lua, I'd like to see the
following:

* GUI interface with forms, fields, dropdowns, menus and picklists
* Interface to Postgres. It can have MySQL too, but it shouldn't be one of
those MySQL-only interfaces.
* Product to bind together the GUI and Postgres interfaces
* Web app interface

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package