On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 09:17, Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 08:46, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 8:03 PM, kevin beckford <chiggsy@lazyweb.ca> wrote:
>>> You do not need standard libraries like Python, you need  a "Lua
>>> Cookbook" like Perl's  "Perl Cookbook",

>> A cookbook would be a fantastic thing, especially if we got a little
>> gang together to write it and spread the workload.  In the meantime,
>> the wiki continues to be a good place to keep little articles, and I
>> hope to revive the snippets/recipes site soon.

> I, maybe, can help with some recipes, especially on Sandboxing, DSL
> and codegeneration.

Although these topics are, maybe, a bit too big for a cookbook format.

Anyway, one can start with a list of topics (maybe along with a way
for authors to commit for one or more and for potential readers to
express their interest). We can setup a project on GH and use its wiki
for this.

I like writing, and I'm due for some Lua articles for a long time, so
I'm willing to help. If I'll see a list of topics, I'll do a few where
I'll know what to write.

Anyone else want to step up? :-)

Alexander.