On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 06:06:23PM +0200, Gaspard Bucher wrote:
> If we want to make it easy for people (my kids for example) to hack
> and play with Lua, we need an ecosystem, not standard libraries.
One of my previous languages was Turing.  The inventor of Turing
claims he was prompted to invent it because his eight-year old son
Adam was not impressed by what it takes to print "Hello" in Pascal:

program hello(input,output)
    writeln("Hello")
end.

Adam said -- All that? In Basic I just type

print "Hello"

So in Turing that's all you need to do, and happily in Lua too :-)

Now I am signing off, being on my way at 19:20 local time, half an hour
before sunset, to help eat a spit-roasted sheep in a milkwood forest
fifty meters from the sea, with enough red wine to last into 2011.

Happy Hogmanay to all of you!

Dirk