Hi,

> Yes, that's what I like about - no external address bus.  Reduced circuit
> complexity, lower cost, higher reliability, and fewer part sourcing
> issues.  Way back in old times, a decent BASIC interpreter could run in
> 64K of RAM + ROM.  I don't want to program in BASIC, but a language that
> calls itself small and embeddable (i.e. Lua) should really be that.  There
> are folks who are running Lua (or eLua) on single-chip ARM systems.  PIC32
> with it's MIPS architecture should be just as capable as that.  What's the
> hold-up?

That's quite simple: lack of hardware :) I tried getting a suitable
board from Microchip but didn't succeed. Most of the hardware on which
eLua was ported comes from donations. Ocasionally we buy the boards
ourselves but obviously this doesn't happen often. The PIC32 port is
perfectly possible, although it does require some interesting changes
in eLua.

Best,
Bogdan