Hi Jose,

  I just tried Luabind + lua 5.2 -- doesn't compile (due to function environments, which are not replaced with lexical environments). Any plans to port SLB to work with lua 5.2?

Thanks!

On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 11:07 AM, Jose Luis Hidalgo <joseluis.hidalgo@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi starwing,

On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 7:23 PM, starwing <weasley.wx@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does SLB support function overload? it's a useful feature.

Mmm... sorry, but no. The problem is lua type marshaling with C++
types, there are many ways a type can be "converted" from lua to a C++
function/method signature. Overloading could be possible for different
number of arguments, though, but no for different signatures with the
same number of arguments, and I didn't want to support partial
overloading.

BTW, the search for the proper method to call will add a significant
overhead, SLB is meant to be as faster as possible, near to a
hand-coded wrapper. What I usually do with overloading is register
each function with a different name in lua, which is not as handy as
overload support, but it works.

Cheers,
  JL.

PS: I'm working on registering accessors to instances' attributes,
but, I'm not sure about how use it from lua properly, do you have any
insights?

--
  Jose L. Hidalgo Valiño (PpluX)
  ---- http://www.pplux.com ----