On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Mike Pall <mikelu-1012@mike.de> wrote:
> 4.5: The performance comparison in the section on Alien seems
> strange

Yes, mentioning LuaJIT here is a red herring, since the point was to
show (in relative terms) what the per-call overhead was of using
Alien.

> 6.1: The info on LuaJIT is outdated and the ballpark numbers from
> version 1 may give the wrong impression. The point about 'arg' is
> repeated from section 1.23 (and it's part of LuaJIT's own FAQ).

Right, I started to use the past tense but this section needs some
work. I'll link directly to the pages you mentioned.

I did feel it necessary to mention that some Lua extensions won't
work, because of excessive coupling to Lua implementation details.

steve d.