On 26/11/2010 12.43, Pavel Holejsovsky wrote:
No. Actually, statically compiled Lua means that Lua runtime is
statically linked ... into what? Main application? Ok, but in this case
it is not reachable to any loadable module. This would mean that every
loadable module would have to carry its own copy of Lua runtime (either
statically or dynamically linked), and you'd have to ensure that these
runtimes are compatible and linked against the same C runtime. You are
basically *creating* the problem here you were originally trying to
solve; i.e. now you have more instances of (this time Lua) runtimes
operating on shared state.

OK, thanks. My misconception was probably a leftover from very ancient times when I used to compile everything.

--
  Enrico