On 11/21/2010 2:00 PM, Patrick Donnelly wrote:
On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 9:52 PM, dcharno wrote:
On 11/20/2010 03:59 PM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
[snip]
It is not a good reason to CAPTIALIZE a FUNCTION name.

You are being purposefully belligerent and when the authors call you
and others out on it for making a fuss, their attitude is bad? Really?

It's fine to discuss the merits of capital letters in function names
but don't complain when others respond in kind to your barbed
assertions.

Don't be too hard on dcharno. He was just capitalizing the words for illustration. That's stylistic. I thought Luiz reply was testy, but then I have been pushing a bit, with good reason. Blame me if you want.

I was the one who used 'really sucks' which may have led Luiz to use the 'suck' word in his reply. That said, I have waited patiently for 3 weeks for that bit of feedback and justification for the change.

Now, I expected some form of give-and-take feedback on work releases. Yet when I pointed out the change, the powers-that-be deigned it unnecessary to enlighten the masses for 3 weeks.

The library name was already changed per Mike Pall's suggestion and we all thought that was it. Nobody was talking about two libraries clashing anymore. But "common asm use"? I don't buy that.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)