David Manura wrote:
> One thing that concerns me here is that in 5.2, "C
> functions do not have environments any more"--is that a problem when
> backporting lightweight C functions to 5.1/LuaJIT?

Yes. I can't add anything similar to LuaJIT, because C functions
still _do_ have an environment in 5.1.

> lua_copy may be worthwhile too, as it may be slightly faster than 5.1
> alternatives.

I can't change the C ABI either, or LuaJIT wouldn't be a drop-in
replacement for a Lua 5.1 shared library. Just adding new
functions would work of course, but I don't think it's a good idea
to mix up ABIs.

--Mike