On Oct 25, 2010, at 7:06 AM, Philippe Lhoste wrote:

> I find this very disturbing. What is the definition of "technology" here? Is a Lua VM shipped with an application such "technology"? Arbitrary decisions seems to loom here.

If Apple were shipping a Lua VM, they could decide to deprecate it. They aren't, so they can't. They could decide that Lua was "dangerous" for some other reason, but they seem to have decided that alienating the game development community isn't a good idea and as long as the ban on downloaded scripts remains in place, it's hard to see how Lua is particularly dangerous.

Mark