On 23/10/2010 23:16, Wesley Smith wrote:
Did you all somehow get an exception to Apple's rules?

3.3.2: An Application may not itself install or launch other
executable code by any means, [...]

Wasn't these rules recently relaxed by Apple? I understood they allow now to run interpreted scripts as long as they are shipped with the application. But the question remains indeed on such application where the user can type new code and run it (and shot in their foot if they want...). Well, if the application is accepted by Apple, it might be the sign they really have relaxed their rules (but is that for any application?).

BTW, as you probably know, Apple "deprecated" Java on the desktop Macs.
With a killing rule for the App Store:
"Apps that use deprecated or optionally installed technologies (e.g., Java, Rosetta) will be rejected"

I find this very disturbing. What is the definition of "technology" here? Is a Lua VM shipped with an application such "technology"? Arbitrary decisions seems to loom here.

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France