On 9/30/2010 2:08 AM, Nilson wrote:
On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 2:12 PM, KHMan wrote:
On 9/29/2010 9:57 PM, Nilson wrote:
[snip]
I bring the subject to the mailing list because there were many
decisions to take and I really could appreciate suggestions.

Well, there came no actual suggestions and people are becoming ... emphatic.

They were fair perspectives, if you see the latest postings. When you talk of being a list newbie, I fear your expectations of things might set you up for disappointment. Developing one OO syntax patch here and one const syntax patch there in a very visible manner on the list is rather dissonant as far as things normally go. But fixing Lua with OO stuff seems like fighting the language, not grokking it.

Discussion about syntax ideas is pretty common, I think. I thought the list's response was normal, most people lurk when the stuff is blasé -- there was nothing particularly revolutionary about the topics, few people may want to deal with implementation details, few people will perk up unless there is code and data, and even then we are in 'power patch' territory.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)