On 9/21/2010 9:16 AM, Ryota Hirose wrote:
Hello Lua Hackers,

2010/9/21 KHMan wrote:

    If I were using my VIC-20, then I would applaud such measures
    of saving an instruction here and there.

Yes, my project is like 'using VIC-20'.  We are using Lua as an
shell or a configurator for our embedding system.

So we can look at it from 3 angles (or more):
(a) it's excellent syntax
(b) smaller binary chunks
(c) faster execution time

I'll leave out (a), since it is so subjective. For (b) and (c), what kind of savings did you see for your embedded system? Was it significant, given the available capacity? For us on the list, can you provide us with ballpark specifications of the embedded processor? (The last bit is getting OT, but it is interesting to find out if someone is using a previously unreported-on-the-list embedded processor for Lua...)

Thanks for answering my queries,
--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)