On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 6:44 PM, David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:
> It would appear that Lua's clean syntax appeals to language improvers
> like a clean wall to graffiti sprayers.

Definitely the most entertaining remark to appear in this thread.

As I see it, there are two cases; one in which the two conditional
values are simple literals or expressions, and another in which the
conditional values involve expression evaluation. The first can be
handled by defining a simple choose() function, and the second can be
done with good old if-else.

Writeability is less important that _readability_, and any half-decent
editor can do much of the actual typing involved.

steve d.