On 9/13/2010 5:55 PM, Francesco Abbate wrote:
I'm really surprised about how the Lua developers ignore this problem
together with some other problems like a complete/standard set of
library, an official supported binary distribution and  a few other
things. IMHO these are some lacks that makes Lua not competitive with
Python concerning its usage as a stand-alone programming language.

It's a language for embedding. You add as much debugging tools as you need in your app.

Lua does not have nearly has much resources as those big languages. If you want an all-in package, I think it is up to the community.

There are already enough competitors in the Perl-scripting-type niche. If you think there's room, you make it happen. Lots of attempts in the past, nothing really stuck, but there are some good stuff.

Donald Trump would say that there are a lot of opportunities here.

Nothing but noise on the list these days.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)