On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 1:52 PM, KHMan <keinhong@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's a language for embedding. You add as much debugging tools as you need
> in your app.

And even there, remDebug will give you line-by-line debugging. I've
used it to debug SciTE scripts, for instance.Can debug Lua web stack
stuff like this as well.

> Lua does not have nearly has much resources as those big languages. If you
> want an all-in package, I think it is up to the community.

That's for sure.  We all have day jobs - there's no Redhats out there
with general Lua support people - Lua programmers tend to be deeply
embedded in organizations ;)

People seem to appreciate Lua for Windows (why some all-in-one
packages succeed is one of those mysteries). I did some 'Lua for
Linux' experiments, but now think it can be done with luarocks with a
suitable metapackage.

> Nothing but noise on the list these days.

Hm, we should get off your lawn? ;)

steve d.