Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> writes:
> I have an issue, but I am not sure it is a "long-term" one. I think
> the proposed syntax, without "end", will be quite confusing to some
> people, given that the almost identical if command must have "end".
> On the other hand, a syntax with "end" is cumbersome.

Actually my main complaint about using "end" in an expression-if
construct would be that it's misleading -- "end" sort of means "end of a
sequential list of things", whereas the proposed construct wouldn't have
a list of things at all, just a single thing.  So "end" is both
unnecessary and misleading.

-miles

--
Non-combatant, n. A dead Quaker.