steve donovan, 03.09.2010 13:20:
On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 1:01 PM, Stefan Behnel wrote:
4. Am I reinventing the wheel?

I think it's more like trying to invent a square wheel where an oval one
already exists.

Well, an oval wheel still wobbles ;)

Personally, I'm not a great fan of visual designers.  One often ends
up with a gorgeous interface (with laborious pixel placement)

Not any of the current GUI designers that I have used actually do "laborious pixel placement", and HTML doesn't commonly do it, either, simply because it doesn't work well with differing screen sizes. The only exception is when you work with fixed-size (bitmap) images, but in that case, exact pixel placement is what you actually want.

All somewhat recent graphical GUI designers use some kind of abstract GUI description language, most often in XML.

Stefan