Zomirp Cila wrote:
On 27-Jul-10 13:30, Bogdan Marinescu wrote:
On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 2:26 PM, Zomirp Cila<zomirp.cila@gmail.com> wrote:
On 27-Jul-10 13:23, Bogdan Marinescu wrote:
All of them :)
As I said, I want light diagnostic tool. The interpreter and script will
be
loaded at runtime in RAM then executed.
You want to load the _interpreter_ in RAM? You can forget about that,
no matter if you use Lua or not. You'll can't execute anything from
RAM on many 8-bit MCUs (PICs and AVRs, for example).
You can on PPC, ARM, TriCore...
Well, you did say "all of them" :) And I thought you were targetting
very small systems, because you want everything to fit in 16k.

I'm targeting a bit advanced CPUs. 16kB limitation is due to their's internal RAM. I would like to do dynamic diagnostic which is to advanced for small CPUs (although I don't know what are the capabilities of "hobby" CPUs we (used to) like so much, nowadays)

And "dynamic diagnostic" is...?

I think Lua hardware embedders on the list would be better able to discuss stuff if you can give an example of a specific MCU part that you are looking at.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)