Peter Sommerfeld wrote:
Am 25.07.2010, 18:30 Uhr, schrieb Mike McGonagle <mjmogo@gmail.com>:
...As Lua appears to be a language designed for
embedded systems, I was wondering if anyone out there could give me
some links to sites that deal with Robotic projects that are using
Lua, so that I could pass them along to the kid to encourage him to
learn Lua. Also, as a related topic, if there are any projects that
are dealing with AI, that would be great, too. That would be something
else for him down the road.

Ralph Hempel has adapted it for the LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT.

http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pblua/

Thanks for the link Peter! I can tell you that Lua and LEGO Robotics
go together very well.

Gabriel Ferrer used pbLua in his Maymester course this year with
good success. It's a neat combination of liberal arts and robotics.

<http://ozark.hendrix.edu/~ferrer/>

Besides his own text material, the other text is "I, Robot" by Asimov.

Sounds like a neat course.

I have slowed down active development on pbLua because I'm very busy
right now, and summer in Canada is time for working outside and enjoying
a bit of the real world.

I'll be back at it in the fall, and look forward to communicating with
any users that want to explore robotics with Lua and LEGO NXT.

Ralph